Ephemeres

The body twined in a Pietà slept deep in this finespun silken night, prey to the fever of exhaustion, arrogant in its dismissal of the burgeoning ceremony of a new day.
Meanwhile, beyond this clever guise of innocence and repose, the mind was under fastidious and crooked assault by accidental pod people who popped out in this tuft, jumbled and morose labyrinthic mirror version of our daily existence,where the action was of high octane and rattling noisy, but the performers spiritless with their drown faces and advertisement smiles.

They wanted to claim me for their own. They attempted to seize, tame and condition me. They hoped for another trophee to their confectionate omnium-gatherum. In fact, they counted on me to jump the shark butthis time I reversed the triumph card trick to my behalf.

Recalcitrant and gruff in demeanour, against type, pushing aside the sunny side up compliancy, I outwitted them, a clubbing fist and some work with the limbs, cleared the area, and kept me in a great physical shape;lips curled to a smile, the eyes twinkled a devious light, the lungs inhaled again fresh air, memories of brutal storms and hurtful moments waned.

My score was above average only, but a needful supplement to my pride.

And frugal and mighty still with a top hat still full of surprises, I economized on the deployment of a nuclear strikeforce.

Until the final showdown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ode

White Blossom

Fury